Monday, January 25, 2010






Okay, so in case anyone even checks this anymore, since I have only posted twice, I decided to update it. And, I'm sorry, I kind of hate this Blogger program because I can never get things to go where I want and yes I'm blaming the program and not myself, so you get to see all my pictures and then read about them. Here goes ...

In October I had a shower at my house for two of my cousins having babies and I made Diaper Cakes for them. I got the idea online and decided I could do it too -- ended up being harder than I thought but I was pleased with the outcome.

Jaimee was Alice in Wonderland for Halloween, and her costume was made by -- drumroll please -- me. It was my first and last attempt at sewing and though I was pleased with how it turned out, it was not worth the days of focus and mess. Brandon got sick on Halloween, so the poor guy had to watch while Jaimee got dressed up and went Trick or Treating.

That Halloween sickness turned out to be the swine flu and was soon passed to Jaimee, so while we had planned a big bash for the kids birthdays, we ended up just having a little party with the 4 of us. So, forever when we look at the pictures, this year will be referred to as the "Swine Flu Birthdays," which will explain the lack of festivities.

The kids helped Brian and I decorate the tree and Brandon caught onto the idea real quick -- random fun stuff goes on this big tree in our house. So he went to his room and got all of his little Toy Story figurines and other knick knacks and put them on the tree. So cute!

Jaimee performed in her first dance recital! She loves her dance class and couldn't believe that after all of this time waiting and watching her aunt and cousins on stage, it was her turn! She performed "Roly Poly the Polar Bear" and had a ball! So cute!

7 comments:

Jamie Jensen Hill said...

Yay another post!!! Those diaper cakes are amazing! And you are so crafty making Jaimee's costume - it turned out so perfect. She looks just like little Alice. And your tradition of decorating the tree looks like a really fun one that the kids would love - I should try that next year.

Jamie Jensen Hill said...

P.S. let's not wait 4 months to hear from you again, k? ;) You have fans, you know!!

Anonymous said...

Of course I check your blog! You made it for me remember?? :) L-O-V-E the pictures. Brandon and the Christmas tree - could he be any cuter?? And Jaimee looks SSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOO adorable in the dance recital. I can imagine that she just ate it up! Love you, miss you! Hope all is well...

J.Frey said...

Yay for your blog! I love the pictures! Thanks for coming over today! Love ya!

The Lindsay's said...

I was happy to see your name at top of my list saying you had posted! I love the pictures. You've been being crafty, way to go!

Beth Monson said...

Mindi I love the diaper cakes. They are SO cute! Very creative.

craig and sandy events said...

Great blog Mindi, the diaper cakes are amazing!!!!