Monday, September 21, 2009


Well, we finally did it. We finally took our kids to Disneyland! We spent 3 days in the most magical place on earth and the kids ate up every minute of it! I've been promising Jaimee for months that she was going to eat dinner with the Princesses, eat breakfast with Minnie Mouse, and "fly to Neverland" on the Peter Pan ride. I've been telling her since January, so I think she stopped believing me, but it finally happened for her. :)






We started out our first day with the Minnie and Friends breakfast in the park. We had the first reservation, so we got to enter the park a little early and the characters were just there waiting for us. We met Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, Eyeore, Captain Hook, Chip and Dale, the Fairy Godmother, and of course Minnie Mouse. They had a ball!



We met so many princesses, there is no way Jaimee could now doubt the truthfulness of their stories. :) We met them all over the park, and also had dinner with them at Ariel's Grotto. Brandon, too, took a quick liking to Cindrella and jumped into her arms to give her a kiss. It was really cute! They talked to every princess you can think of (Jaimee can't decide if her favorite was Ariel or Snow White). I think Jaimee's favorite, though, was Pixie Hollow where she met Tinkerbell and some of her fairy friends. They were so cute with her and Jaimee is sure even now that they are best friends. :)



Brandon's favorite was, of course, meeting Woody and Jessie. He smiled and giggled and called out their names. It was so cute! The Pixar characters are his favorite, so the Toy Story ride was also his favorite. They also met the Incredibles, Sully from Monsters, Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Pluto, Goofy, Kenai and Koda from Brother Bear, and Dopey:) While Jaimee understood a little more what we were doing, Brandon couldn't have had a better time.









Both kids rocked it out on Main Street during the parade. It was hilarious! And Goofy picked them to be his personal dance partners, which was so fun.








The most hilarious moment for me, though, was when Jaimee bacame a padowan learner at the Jedi Training Academy. It is a show where a Jedi Master comes out and randomly picks kids out of the audience to wear a Jedi robe, get a light saber, and learn a combat sequence. Then Darth Vadar and Darth Maul come out and they fight them. Anyway, they usually pick a little bit older kids, but this time they decided on a little 3 year old girl dressed as Cinderella. :) I wondered if Jaimee would get scared and run off the stage, but she bravely stayed and fought Darth Vadar! She had the audience rolling and it was so cute!


Well, anyway, we had a blast. I am so glad we finally got to take them, it was our best family vacation to date, and I think the "magic" will live with the kids for a long time. :)



7 comments:

craig and sandy events said...

Great pictures, glad you had a great time!


Love
Dad and Mom

Anonymous said...

FUN!!!!!!!!!!! Your trip to Disneyland was WAY cooler than ours! ;) Thanks for humoring me with the post... so excited to see you in just one more month!

Andrea McEntire said...

I love the Star Wars video, it was too cute. You guys look so cute in Paris with the Eiffel tower! I'm glad you guys got to do that.

Jamie Jensen Hill said...

LOL! I was totally cracking up watching that video! I'm glad you guys had fun on your trip- it makes me really want to take Max. Glad you're back!! :) And yay for the Monson Family Blog!

The Lindsay's said...

Hey Mindi! I found you! Are you proud that I remembered your address? Those are fun pictures, I'm glad all of you guys had fun and I'm glad Jaimee has some new best friends. =)

Kaley and Jeremy said...

First San Fran...then Paris...and then D-land!?! Mmmm I'm VERY jealous. Perhaps one day I'll enjoy dinner at the Eiffel tower...

Glad you're back from your blogging hiatus! Good to have you, greetings from the blogging world.

Did I hear Kallie and Rachelle's shower is at your house? Let me know if you need any help with anything!

Jamie Jensen Hill said...

Hey stranger! How are you feeling these days? Haven't seen you in FORever! Hope we can hang out again soon. Love, jamers